Building wealth and meeting certain financial goals rely heavily on making money. If you are not earning an income, it is important to start as soon as possible.
Making money opens up more opportunities. For instance, it might make it easier for you to invest in your future or save up for a dream vacation, regardless of the one-time sacrifices you made to do so.
If you want to make money fast, consider the ever-growing list of instant cash games and game apps to win money that can be played in your spare time.
In this article are 8 game apps that you can use to win real money. These apps make earning more and reaching your financial goals, easier.
Continue reading to learn more about games that pay real money.
Overview of the Best Game Apps That Pay Real Money
|Mistplay||Best if you’re a new gamer|
|InboxDollars||Best if you want a variety of ways to earn money|
|Solitaire Cube||Best if you enjoy playing solitaire|
|Swagbucks||Best get paid to site|
|Blackout Bingo||Best app that pays you to win in bingo|
|21 Blitz||Best if like to play 21|
|Drop||Best if you want to get cash back when shopping major brands|
|Lucktastic||Best if you don’t have much time|
8 Best Game Apps to Win Real Money
Disclosure: Note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission. Know that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind.
Mistplay is one of the most popular Android apps to earn real money for playing games. And for good reason.
Playing the games will not only earn you free gift cards, it will also let you explore new games that are fun to play.
How does it do this?
Mistplay is a loyalty reward program for gamers that recommends games based on what you like to play. You can redeem units collected from playing games for rewards.
Those units can be cashed out for Visa gift cards, Playstation E-store Credit, Amazon Gift Cards, and more.
You can play games you love and earn points for gift cards for free.
- Discover games — To earn Units, find a game you like and start playing. The longer you play, the more Units you will be rewarded with!
- Easy to earn — The more you play, the more units you earn.
- Enticing rewards — Gift cards to all major retailers are available.
- Proven track record — Over $16,097,264 has already been paid out to gamers.
If you want to play games and earn money in the process, you should try using Mistplay.
This app lets you win real rewards by playing different types of games. It is one of the few apps that offer this feature.
You can make up to $50 per month by playing consistently every week.
Every week, they run new contests where you can earn even more.
The minimum payout amount is $5, which amounts to a 1,500 Mistplay points gift card.
Ready to become a gamer? It’s incredibly easy thanks to InboxDollars.
And you can get a $5 bonus when you sign up to play games here.
What makes InboxDollars different from other similar apps is that it’s effortless to earn money with its app.
At InboxDollars, you can earn money by playing games and in a variety of other ways.
They pay you for things you already do online such as watching videos, playing games, taking surveys and polls.
In addition to a selection of arcade games and game show network games, InboxDollars also offers a wide selection of puzzle games.
In the end, it’s your choice whether or not you want to try playing games to win money with InboxDollars. For signing up and cashing in a $5 bonus, you might want to give it a try.
- Discover games — You can play a variety of games for real money through its network of games like Monkey Bubble Shooter, Solitaire, Pet Hop and Candy Jam.
- Easy to earn — You can compete against others for prizes or get paid to play games in return for real cash (if you’re lucky).
- Enticing rewards — You can receive cash by PayPal.
- Proven track record — InboxDollars was founded in 2000 and has awarded over $60 million—and counting—in rewards to their members.
As the name of this website suggests, you can earn money playing games here and even on desktop platforms.
You can make around $30 – $50 per month by using the site to earn through a variety of ways, including gaming.
InboxDollars requires a minimum payout of $30.
Solitaire Cube is an addictive game with cash tournaments and a solitaire option for your mobile phone.
This app offers a variety of tournaments and head-to-head competitions with real cash prizes (where available).
It is easy to start playing solitaire against other players in head-to-head battles. The game will match you up with others who have the same level of skills in real time.
How to play?
You can play solitaire with cash tournaments to win big prizes.
You can also play against other players. Rounds last one to two minutes long.
Playing games and winning cash is as easy as it sounds. As long as you have a PayPal account, you can win big, anytime!
Prize tournaments are not enabled in the following states: AZ, AR, CT, DE, IN, LA, ME, MT, SC, SD, and TN.
If you don’t live in a prize-enabled region, the game offers virtual currency so I can still play for fun.
- Quick earner — One of the reasons that many people enjoy these games is because they only last around a minute each round.
- Clean interface — Touch screen controls and fast animations are compatible with all devices.
- Free to play — Play free anytime, without having to watch ads.
- Proven track record — Skillz has more than 12 million registered users in 180-plus countries. In just over 10 years, Skillz has hosted more than 100 million contests; there are nearly 500,000 per day.
Those who want to try their hand at winning money by playing solitaire. The app is rated highly in the app store and is powered by a Skillz that offers real-money tournaments.
Your earnings will depend on how much you bet. You can liquidate your account at any time and cash outs are processed by PayPal, bank transfer or check.
To earn money online, you can play games, watch videos, save with coupons and take polls.
Swagbucks also rewards customers for taking paid online surveys by giving them free gift cards and real money through PayPal.
Signing up and filling out online surveys for money can potentially lead to large payouts, some of which are as high as $50.
The app will allow users to create an account and earn money in a variety of ways so users won’t ever get bored.
Similar to InboxDollars, this app allows you to save money with coupons, promo codes, sales and cashback when you shop for clothes, electronics, travel products. It also allows users to earn up to 30% more in cash back on purchases.
- Quick earner — Swagbucks.com offers 7,000 free gift cards per day to new members
- Clean interface — Swagbucks is easy to use for money-earning opportunities
- Variety of ways to earn — You can make money fast online by browsing the web, playing games, watching videos and more.
- Proven track record — The company has paid its members over 579 million dollars.
If you want to earn free PayPal cards or money by playing games, then this app is for you.
There are many games to choose from, which earn you redeemable SBs for free gift cards or PayPal money.
The more games you play, the more points you’ll collect.
One report on Huffington Post shows how Reddit users report that they are able to earn $600 a month using Swagbucks.
You could earn up to $100 per month.
The minimum cash-out on Swagbucks is $1, which can be reached very quickly.
Historically, Bingo was a game that relied on luck. If you drew the right card, you would win.
Now with Blackout Bingo, you are in control of your earnings.
This app is easy to use, and all participants can see the same balls and cards. Although it takes concentration, speed, and strategy to become a bingo master, this game does not require any prior knowledge of the rules.
Games only take about 2 minutes to play, so players can pick up and resume whenever they like. If you wanted to try it out, you can compete for cash prizes as well.
Available worldwide and boasting over 5 Million users, Blackout Bingo is trending to be one of the hottest gaming apps to win real money available.
- Entertaining — Playing with real money adds an exciting edge to the game. Free games make it easy for beginners, as well.
- Clean interface — Beautifully designed mobile app that is easy to use.
- Proven track record — This app has 4.5/5 stars on the App Store with over 49,000 reviews.
Best for those looking to have fun while they play bingo and earn some much needed side income.
Before playing in an actual cash game you can practice with free Bingo games to see how you like it.
Skillz games, such as Blackout Bingo, reward players differently depending on how much they deposit.
When you deposit and play, you can withdraw your balance at any time by tapping Withdraw on the main menu.
You can withdraw up to the same amount you deposited using either PayPal or bank transfer.
Winnings greater than the amount you placed will be sent by a check if you are in the US, or PayPal if you are playing from another country.
6. 21 Blitz
21 Blitz includes tournaments and head-to-head competitions with cash prizes.
21 Blitz is a type of card game that combines 21 and Solitaire.
The goal is to get rid of all the cards in your hand by placing them consecutively as either pairs or runs on the table, or making three-of-a-kind sequences from those on the table.
Play against other players for free and get your feet wet before moving onto the more serious cash game.
This is a fun, addicting game app that offers cash tournaments where you can play against other players.
Withdrawals and deposits are done through PayPal.
Prize tournaments are not enabled in the following states: AZ, AR, CT, DE, IN, LA, ME, MT, SC, SD, and TN.
If you don’t live in a real-money enabled region, you can still play for fun with the game’s virtual currency.
- Fun way to earn — There are two types of games: head-to-head with other players or in large, multiplayer tournaments.
- Clean interface — There is a wonderful competition platform called Skillz, which has different leaderboards, trophies, and prizes. Best of all it features an amazing loyalty program that rewards you for playing!
- Proven track record — This game has a 4.6/5.0 star rating from more than 24,000 people on the App Store.
21 Blitz is a strategy card game that mixes existing concepts of 21 and solitaire.
Play in tournaments for free or switch to cash games when you’re ready to compete and win!
The amount of money you earn on a Skillz game such as 21 Blitz depends on the amount of your deposit into that game.
When you deposit and play for cash, you can withdraw your balance at any time by tapping on Withdraw on the main menu.
Any withdrawals up to the amount of your total deposits will be processed using the same form of payment as your deposit – PayPal or a credit card.
Winnings greater than your deposit amount will be paid to you via paper check if you are in the US, or PayPal if you are playing from another country.
Drop offers you free gift cards for games that are included in its list of apps to play.
You can play casino games or game shows and the list of games changes often.
Drop will help you find games in the iTunes App Store or Google Play and each game has a specific goal.
When you complete the task required for your particular game, you’ll earn points that can be cashed out for gift cards of your choice.
The great thing about Drop is that it has so many ways to earn – you can earn by playing games, cash back offers, taking surveys, and other rewards.
- Many ways to earn — If you sign up for The Drop app, you can link your consumer credit or debit card accounts to track the purchases made at qualifying retailers. You’ll automatically earn points worth 0.1 cents apiece which you can later exchange with gift cards to popular retailers.
- Quick earner — Earn Drop points on every purchase you make with a linked card. Accumulate them as they add up and spend them where you want.
- Cash out — Redeem points for free gift cards like Amazon, Netflix and Starbucks.
- Proven track record — There are over 45,000 people that have left a positive review of the Drop app. This makes it clear that this mobile app really pays off for playing games and getting cashback rewards.
When you sign up and start playing games and shopping with Drop, you’ll earn rebates in the form of real cash.
With Drop, you can earn money every day.
Your points are capped at $5 per week, and you can earn a maximum of $40 each month if you’re someone who shops often.
No, you’re not wrong. Lucktastic is not a multiplayer gaming app or a rewards site.
Rather, Lucktastic is a free game where players can win real money and prizes.
You can earn money with daily check-ins and by scratching off scratch-off cards to get real rewards.
If you love the feeling of buying lottery tickets or scratch-offs and fantasizing about the money you stand to win, then you can enjoy playing Lucktastic.
This app simulates the scratch-offs you find at your local convenience store, but here the games are free to play and you can win real money.
You may seem hesitant at first but this gaming app has over 347k+ positive Lucktastic reviews in the Google Play Store.
You can win up to $10,000 in card prizes by playing and there are daily $500 Amazon gift card sweepstakes.
Lucktastic is an app that gives you daily opportunities to win big, but all you have to do is download the app for free.
Want to try it out?
Download Lucktastic for free to play scratch-offs and win cash on your phone.
- Free — This app is free, easy-to-use and fun to play.
- Easy way to win small amounts of money — In every game, you will receive cash or other small prizes.
- Ways too win — You can get a bonus scratch card at 1-5pm EST and after 9pm.
- Proven track record — Lucktastic boasts 347,000 positive reviews and has awarded more than $10 million to over 100,000 real winners.
If you want to win cash prizes, real-life rewards, and gift cards for only a little work.
You’re unlikely to win the jackpot with this game, but it doesn’t hurt to give it a go.
Lucktastic is an app worth downloading due to it’s low withdrawal limit of only $1.
Games You Can Win Real Money Summary List
Here are eight of the best apps to make money playing games.
- Mistplay — Best if you’re a new gamer
- InboxDollars — Best if you want a variety of ways to earn money
- Solitaire Cube — Best if you enjoy playing solitaire
- Swagbucks — Best get paid to site
- Blackout Bingo — Best app that pays you to win in bingo
- 21 Blitz — Best if like to play 21
- Drop — Best if you want to get cash back when shopping major brands
- Lucktastic — Best if you don’t have much time
Why Should (or Shouldn’t) use Gaming Apps
Ultimately, you’ll have the best understanding of your financial situation and behaviors around gaming to determine whether or not any of the above games or mobile apps are a good fit for you and your time.
If one sounds interesting, set a small budget and see what happens! If you don’t like the experience, you can walk away with no harm done.
And, if you do find a game or app you enjoy and feel good about spending money on, great!
You can continue to use it as part of your financial plan. Just remember to be mindful of your spending and keep an eye on your budget so that you don’t overspend.
Wouldn’t it be fun to get paid playing games on your phone? Currently, you play them for free, so why not make some money!
Mobile game developers cite incentives such as rewards and cash prizes to attract attention and get players to try out their games.
There are a few game apps to start using to start earning some extra money.
I spent hours researching these game apps to win real money, so you can trust them.
While researching these apps, I found a number of additional ones that state they pay you for playing games.
However, because they were either poor quality or outdated, I opted to not include them on this list.
If you know of a great app that pays real money and a gaming app that should be on this list, leave your suggestions below and I’ll do my due diligence to investigate the app for inclusion on the list.
If you want to learn more about making money and investing, be sure to check out these other related posts:
- 23 Best Side Hustles From Home to Make Money
- 22 Creative Ways to Save Money
- 8 Tips to Become a Millionaire This Year
Game Apps That Pay FAQs
The ones included on this list, plus you can check out Gamehag, Publishers Clearing House, Long Game Savings, Willy Wonka Slots, Game of Throne Casino Slots, and Double Down Casino Slots. Swagbucks LIVE is also a live trivia game show (trivia app) that pays you to answer trivia questions.
Earning cash rewards but playing games is a fun way to earn tokens, cash, and gift cards on an iOS or Android device. You can make $50 fast and discover more ways to earn with money-making apps that pay the same day.
with other people around the world for either real cash or its virtual currency. Once you make a deposit, you can use that money to enter cash tournaments and win real cash prizes. You can then withdraw your winnings at any time. Popular Skillz games include Pool Payday, Solitaire Cube, 21 Blitz, Dominoes Gold, and Blackout Bingo.
Yes, these apps are all legit and your information is secure. However, some apps like Swagbucks or InboxDollars may sell your data if you are taking surveys.